Monday, April 10, 2006

Rainy day and wax....

Today is the first day in a long time that I am at home by myself and have nothing in particular that "must" be done. So, I stupidly decided it was a great day to clean the bathroom and wax the floors. Of course if it wasn't raining I wouldn't have even thought about it, but as it is pouring down I needed to find something to do inside. Next time I think I will just opt for a quiet day with a book.... although this way I did discover a new way to polish my nails! Anyway, right now the wax is drying and the rain has stopped long enough to let me take a few photos to show you what is happening in my garden at the moment. I hope you will be able to come and see it in person soon!


This is my challenge for this year. A new tunnel house and a rice field. Now all I need to do is plant it and keep the weeds under control.....


The start of my seedlings.


Lettuce Seedlings


The first thing up in the new garden... potatoes!


My solution to weeds... oregano! I plant it anywhere that I can't usually control the weeds and it seems to take control of the situation for me.


Emily's latest snack....last autumn's self seeded borage


It survived a plane ride, a winter and now seems to be taking off. Here's hoping there will be rhubarb pie in the very near future!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous1:34 am

    The tunnel house looks mighty impressive! I want one!

    But how are the chillis doing?!

    ReplyDelete