Saturday, September 30, 2006

Chestnuts part 3



Today my son and I went chestnut hunting again and although we were confronted by a snake that seemed determined to follow us we bravely kept collecting until we had enough to make the delicious sounding Chestnut and Chocolate dessert. I even managed to borrow my mother-in-law's chestnut peeler thingy so I didn't have to risk any more explosions in the kitchen. If you are looking for a dessert that is easy to make (after you've peeled the chestnuts....) and that looks pretty good then I recommend the following recipe:
Baked Chestnut and Chocolate Pudding
If however you want a dessert that you don't have to smother with yoghurt or cream in order for it to be slightly edible then I would probably opt for a different one. Even my children (who usually devour anything vaguely sweet) decided to pass....
As for peeling chestnuts - they would have to come a close second to broad beans - not a lot of fun, but definately easier with a proper peeler!
Today's photos were courtesy of my daughter, Emily, who thinks she is a budding photographer.... at the age of 5 (almost 6..).

No comments:

Post a Comment