Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Cooking Classroom



Today I had my first trial "cooking classroom" in my new kitchen. The architect who designed the house came with two friends and we tested out the size of the kitchen, the oven and of course the eating facilities! All in all a pretty good day - with lots of positive comments and some very good networks to spread the word. They think I should start putting my "mark" on things like breadmakers, ovens etc. and sell them for twice the usual retail value.... one option I guess, but not one I am likely to pursue!
Menu for today.... Pumpkin soup, Palms bread, Pumpkin muffins, Herbed French Bread and Herbed Quiche.
Things confirmed
1. The oven needs to be set 10 degrees higher than usual, but it makes more than acceptable muffins.
2. Pumpkin muffins are a big hit with everyone
3. I need to get some more chairs and a bigger table!
4. Japanese women love to talk (and eat...)

I hope to offer people the option of coming here for a few hours, looking at different herbs etc, making a few things, eating together and chatting in general. It seems to be something that will work well if my three participants today are anything to go by!

No comments:

Post a Comment