Saturday, November 25, 2006

Australia...

Sorry for the lack of posts lately. After my trip to Australia last week I seem to have been spending all my spare time doing things like making costumes for the children's end of year production, cleaning the kitchen etc. It wasn't until this morning that I finally got outside to see the state of the garden etc. Growth is definately slowing as the temperatures drop. Good growth on the cucumbers in the tunnel house, spinach, daikon, turnips, lettuces, raspberries carrots etc. but I think I may be forced to pull out the remaining tomatoes, peppers and okra - they don't seem to enjoy the cold temperatures so much!
I will try and write a proper report about my trip to Australia later, but in summary... it was really great. I guess the areas we learned about can fit into 3 basic categories:
  1. Tourism in general - it was good to be able to show the Japanese members that it is much more fun to actually participate in things rather than just sit and watch them....
  2. Community development - great ideas for bringing the community together and helping those in need.
  3. Farm stay hosting - good insights into how to make farm stays relaxing for guests while not imposing on the hosts too much.
Highlights for me..... a glass of wine at sunset with no children around my feet, shopping for weetbix, beautiful beaches, wonderful hosts and in general a relaxing time.

No comments:

Post a Comment