Monday, November 13, 2006

One Week "holiday"

Tomorrow morning at 5am I will leave for Australia (well for Beppu then Fukuoka then Singapore then Australia...) for one week. Of course when you add the travelling days it ends up only being 5 nights in Australia, but I'm not complaining. After being so busy for the last couple of weeks even an airplane seat looks attractive!
I am going as part of a group of 10 people from my town, Yamaga, who are interested in promoting "Green Tourism" here. We will be going to two different areas - Maleny in Queensland and the Tweed area in New South Wales. Today I finally got around to researching the areas a little more (I have plenty of information in Japanese...) and for anyone interested here are a few links I found. Sorry I don't have time to summarise the areas - I'll let you know more about it when I get back. There are many more links if you are interested - just search for Maleny or Jill
It looks like at least a few people have read our article in the newspaper - we had 2 phone calls yesterday from friends who saw it and then when I went shopping today I was stopped twice by strangers and told that they saw me in the paper. The inspectors also came today and it looks like they will overlook our slightly "illegal" sewerage tank and we should have our permits to start taking guests by the time I get back from Australia - fingers crossed!

Time to think about packing - it seems much easier when I don't have to worry about packing for the children too! See you in a week's time....

No comments:

Post a Comment