Friday, March 23, 2007

Herb Cooking Classroom




Recently I have had more and more requests from people to run cooking classrooms for small groups. The most popular seem to be either "NZ baking" or "herb" cooking classes. I am definately not a master cook, but no one here seems to know how to use herbs and spices in cooking so it is easy to "wow" them!







Last week a group of 4 ladies came and made:
  • Herbed Quiche
  • Herb Mayonnaise (always the winner with every group)
  • Herbed Foccacio
  • Herbed Potato Salad
  • Carrot and Walnut muffins
We then ate lunch together, they purchased lots of jam and then went home. I really enjoy these groups as they are not there just for the cooking, but for a small break from their daily lives. Some are interested in trying to recreate the dishes we make (they usually end up digging half my herbs up out of the garden to take home with them....), but often they just enjoy making things together, talking and of course eating! The best thing is that I haven't had to advertise for these classes yet - they approach me and we work out a day that suits us all. Word of mouth is a great thing!
The only problem is that some of the ladies have been twice already and plan to come again in the near future. My repetoire may run out soon! Any great recipes welcome......

No comments:

Post a Comment