Monday, March 19, 2007

Radish graveyard

After all the craziness here lately I finally got into the garden for an hour this afternoon and managed to weed enough of the daikon (white radishes) to make them visible. Of course they have been neglected for so long that they had almost started to flower so I cut all the tops off, which in theory means they can stay in the ground for a long time without getting all woody (there are only so many radishes you can eat in one day!). Now it looks a bit like we have a radish graveyard in our back yard!
My daughter is now on holiday for about a month so she spent the afternoon in the garden with me, making chocolate and strawberry flavoured mudballs...... I got to taste each one and can vouch for their quality!

Today my friend Mickey had her baby. As both my children were born on their exact due date it is hard to imagine what it must have been like for her waiting for about 5 days after her due date. Congratulations Mickey!
She still hasn't decided on a name, so any suggestions will be welcome. My kids seem to think "Framey" is a perfect name, but I'm not so sure that Mickey is keen!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous8:49 am

    ew! When I first looked at that photo I thought it was a whole lot of fingers poking up from the ground - glad to hear its just raddishes!
    Beth

    ReplyDelete