Saturday, April 07, 2007

Return of the frogs


Along with the first barbeque for the year we also met up with the first frog of the year today. For anyone who isn't familiar with our little green friends, they seem to appear out of nowhere around this time of year and miraculously build up into huge numbers which haunt you all day and night with their croaking. They also have a way of hiding in all sorts of places and jumping out at you when you least expect it. There is currently one somewhere in our bathroom, but no matter how much I search I can't find it... I guess it will appear when I am least expecting it!
The children had great fun with this one that was on the barbeque cover today trying to get it to jump and even being brave enough to touch it. I wonder what they will be doing with them as their confidence continues to grow.... hopefully they won't be quite as confident with the snakes which are likely to start appearing soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment