Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Help!

The huge amount of rain yesterday combined with the visitors over the weekend meant that I was unable to get into the garden to pick the veges for a few days.... a big mistake! Two containers of cucumbers, along with lots of tomatoes that have split due to the rain, enough beans to feed half of Yamaga, and of course zucchinis were waiting for me. Of course getting them was half the fun. Due to the rain some of the garden has turned into a mud pile - as I discovered when I stepped onto it to pick a zucchini..... I quickly changed into gumboots!
I have spent most of the day making pickles and chutney in an attempt to clear the kitchen floor of cucumbers. I've made 4 different varieties already, but can't seem to see a hole in the cucumber pile! Any cucumber recipes very welcome..... of course if you are close enough to come and get some you are more than welcome to your own cucumber pile. I know there will be more ready tomorrow!



1 comment:

  1. Anonymous1:18 am

    WOW! What a load of veg!! I'm impressed!

    I'd also be impressed if you can come up with more uses for cucumber than relishes, salads and sandwiches. If you do, let me know.

    And I hope you washed your feet before putting on the gumboots!

    ReplyDelete