Friday, October 12, 2007

Harvesting season again





I am very fortunate in that I have many family members come to visit me. But as more people come from the same family the pressure to do things that no one else has done increases. When my father was here there were great shouts of joy if we discovered that we were going somewhere that my youngest sister had never been. Now my middle sister is here there is also a little pressure to find some new things - the first of which is rice harvesting. Of course it is not new for me, but I think it is the first for the "Fergies". Today my father-in-law started the first of 3 or 4 (or more depending on the weather) days of harvesting. Of course it is not as difficult a task as it was in the past, but those finished bags of rice are still pretty heavy to heave onto the truck. My son discovered they make a pretty good pillow too... perhaps they could be the next form of "wheat bag"!
Beth and I had a really lazy day - catching up on sleep, e-mails and of course a trip to the 100 yen shop!
For anyone who didn't catch last year's blog about rice harvesting and who is interested in the process please look at this link: rice harvesting

No comments:

Post a Comment