Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Tis the season....


The last few days seem to have been filled with making things for the kindergarten end of year concert. The kindergarten that the children go to is reasonably famous for their concert - mainly because of the costumes, which the MOTHERS make every year. Each child is in one dance with 3 or 4 other children as well as a song and musical instrument performance with their whole class. Fortunately they only need a costume for the dance.... This year my son is in a dance called "Space Rock" so we made costumes in the Elvis theme. The teacher also requested a rocket that the 5 boys could get into and move around on the stage.... another few days work!
Every year I dread the concert, but when I think about it it is really a good way to get to know the other parents and also the pride that the children show when they put on their costumes that their parents have made for them is really rewarding! My son keeps asking me if I was able to sleep each night as he knows I have to spend a lot of the night hours sewing.... the concert is not till the 23rd, but the dress rehearsal has already finished and fortunately there are only a few small adjustments to be made. Roll on next year.....

No comments:

Post a Comment