Friday, May 16, 2008

Madness

Imagine a room filled with 54 mothers and their children aged between zero and four. That's right - a total of about 110 people in one reasonably small room. Now imagine being given 30 minutes (originally 45 minutes, but the official ceremony part of the program took too long) to try and get them to know each other and relax in the group. That was my task for this morning. Is anyone jumping up and down at this stage and saying "oh boy, I wish I was in your shoes?". Unfortunately I said I would do this program last year and in Japan that basically means that you are stuck doing it forever and ever.... the only difference was that last year I was given 1 hour and there were only 30 mothers in the group. Of course it would help if they were paying big bucks, but they aren't .... Anyway, it all worked out in the end - I can hardly wait till next year!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous10:26 pm

    Congratulations!
    Your disaster day is gone until next year.
    By the way, I'm interested in that how to do for a similar group. Could you tell me the today's program?

    ReplyDelete