Thursday, June 26, 2008

Rice field magic


I have to be very careful while I am driving at this time of the year as I become so mesmerised by the rice fields that I am likely to drive into one! I really like that fraction of a second where what looks like a jumbled field of rice plants turns magically into very orderly straight lines. It is kind of like the saying "don't blink or you'll miss it" when you are driving through small towns in New Zealand, only the length of the blink in this situation is incredibly short. It is only at this time of the year that you can experience this, as when the plants grow bigger the lines become less and less distinct. Fortunately there are plenty of rice fields around so if you blink as you pass one of them you still have plenty of chances of seeing some more straight lines!

No comments:

Post a Comment