Monday, July 28, 2008

6th Birthday party

My son's birthday is not until the 31st, but today was one of the only days we could have his birthday party, so that is what we did. It was a really nice small party, held after he came home from kindergarten. Unlike other years (when I tended to go a little crazy) the only thing I made was a cake and the rest was from packets. The children didn't seem to notice the difference and in this heat it definitely made it a relaxing day!
This year my son was determined to have a chocolate "pinata" cake, which meant making a cake and then making a chocolate case to put over the cake which they could take turns smashing. Despite the heat (did I mention it is the hottest year on record here for a long, long time?) the chocolate stayed hard and all the kids had a turn hammering away at the chocolate and then stuffing themselves with chocolate coins. Another year down.....



No comments:

Post a Comment