Monday, July 07, 2008

Heat wave

I don't know about other areas of Japan, but in our area there are many road warning signs that also display the current temperature. As you can see from this one it was 35 degrees when I went to pick up my daughter from school today. I am beginning to wonder if we should actually start using our air conditioning rather than trying to save the environment and rely on fans as it is only the very beginning of summer here!
We farewelled our latest guests on Saturday after taking them to the big stone Buddhas and monkey mountain. We showed them how to throw stones onto the shrine gate to bring them good fortune... I'm not sure if you have to get it on there on the first try to bring good luck or not... if that is the case they may have a rough year ahead of them!
The monkeys were very cute again - with some very new babies among the group.

No comments:

Post a Comment