Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Break?

Today started with me taking my son to kindergarten and being mobbed by two of the teachers and having to sing a solo version of "We wish you a merry Christmas" and "I'm dreaming of a white Christmas" (I think they want to sing them at the end of year production) ..... Now anyone who knows me well knows that I don't sing - especially unaccompanied and especially not in front of people. But, this being Japan I found my self doing it and getting a round of applause for my efforts - a different kind of way to build up your ego and start the day!
After that I headed to my "real job" - which I don't actually do that often now - facilitating an outdoor education program. Today was a lot of fun with an international group from a local university. I think there were about 13 different nationalities in the group of 30 - making it very interesting when they started doing the climbing wall and everyone was yelling words of support to each other in many different languages. We discovered what means "go for it" in one language means "milk" in another...... I'm not sure how encouraged someone would be if they heard someone shouting "milk, milk, milk" at them while they were half way up the wall! I joined them for a delicious barbecue afterwards so it was a nice break in some ways.
Back to teaching at school tomorrow... the three worst classes in the school crammed into one morning. I can hardly wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment