Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Goldfish revisted

A month or so ago we decided it was time to get some new goldfish after all the other ones died basically overnight. The children chose them, two of them promptly died, and then the remaining 6 got a horrible disease and I thought that we were going to have yet another mass burial. However the wonders of the Internet told me that the disease was "Anchor worm" (picture via the wonders of the Internet) and the wonders of the Internet then told me how to say it in Japanese which meant I could get my husband to buy some medicine for them on the way home. Within a week or so they were all well again and miraculously they laid their first eggs today. I managed to separate a few from their hungry jaws and I guess we will now find out if there are any males in the tank.....

1 comment:

  1. what an amazing picture of the eggs. Our goldfish is still going strong despite having an inch of ice in it's tank each winter. The girls really enjoy talking to it and it is calming to watch isn't it?

    ReplyDelete