Monday, October 19, 2009

New Pets

You may remember that my son bought himself a stag beetle for his birthday. Unfortunately it died a few weeks ago (as they always do at this time of year) and so we decided to replace it a little more cheaply... by going and finding lots of big, juicy stag beetle larva and putting them in his "observation" case. They are actually quite interesting - if you like watching big, juicy things crawling around and tunneling. As interesting as they are though I was more than happy to hear my son say that he really only needed to bring home 5 of the 50 or so we found! If they develop properly then perhaps next year he can start a new business....
In other news - all the DVDs have been watched and the puzzle completed. Unfotunately I bought myself a new Sudoku book.... just in case I need some more distracting from all the work that is piling up around the place!

2 comments:

  1. yuck Jo, that's disgusting. Please tell me they are in Masaki's room and not downstairs?? Gross.

    But if it works can you get Shou some next year!

    New DVD - season five is on the way! Just in case you needed more :)

    How is your week? Busy?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You see a big ugly grub and a kid smiling fit to burst and you just know you're in Japan!

    Good luck raising them.

    ReplyDelete