Monday, December 21, 2009

Christmas number 1

Yet again I have failed to write about half the things that have been happening lately.... and of course now I have forgotten what we have done. Sorry!
The weekend was a busy one - we woke up to the first real snow on Saturday morning, but it had all melted away by lunch time. On Saturday night we had 6 friends come for dinner, three of whom stayed overnight. It was great to have some good conversation and a practice run for Christmas dinner! I had bought 2 turkeys this year - not really sure why... just thought they might come in handy and they are really cheap at Costco so I cooked up one and they all had fun trying to carve it! They even managed to eat enough of it that we only have left overs for one or two meals. After dinner our new craze - find the differences books were well studied and proved frustrating for some.
On Sunday morning we left the guests to themselves to have a quiet time talking in the cottage and went to the end of year concert at the kindergarten that my children used to go to. It was great to be able to watch the children without worrying about having to go and get my own children changed, worry about if their costumes were going to fall off half way through their dance etc.
Today I have no "work" so have been enjoying making desserts for Christmas. I think I have put on about a kilogram just licking the spoon! So far we have white chocolate icecream, chocolate and mint icecream, chocolate mousse, passionfruit marshmallows... and I still have a few days to make some more!

5 comments:

  1. What type of cake is that? It looks delicious!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous4:25 pm

    haha loving the snowed in crocs..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Reading those last few lines just made us VERY VERY happy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wonderful..I loved reading your post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Melanie - thanks for commenting. The cake is a wild strawberry and Bailey's cheesecake... very easy, but very delicious!

    ReplyDelete