Wednesday, January 18, 2012

New Zealand Trip Part 4

I think I have mentioned before that I am not really a big fan of weddings. Tom and I had a party here for friends when we got married (which we made all the food for) and in New Zealand my family put together a last minute garden wedding which we turned up to and enjoyed without doing anything...
However... the main reason we were back in New Zealand this year was to attend my sister's wedding and I would have to say that it was really enjoyable. It started about 2:30pm (ish....) and we left at about 10:30pm. There were about 70 people there and it was held in a fantastic private garden. After the formal ceremony bit was done there were games for the kids (and big kids) to play - lawn bowls, croquet, swing ball etc., a jazz band to listen to, there was wine to sip, nibbles to nibble and great conversation to enjoy while the couple were off getting photos taken. Eventually "help yourself dinner" was served and the evening was finished off with a great quiz. My husband was more than a little impressed by the casualness of it after attending so many Japanese weddings... Unfortunately I can't access my husband's photos right now so here a just a few from my camera and from the professional camera person too (who I would highly recommend... Anna Cargin). Congratulations Meg and Nate-dog!

No comments:

Post a Comment