Thursday, January 19, 2012

Presents

Before Christmas I gave you a sneak peak of one of my "projects". Now that Christmas is over I can show you the whole thing! This year we decided not to give Christmas presents, but when you have a 6 month old niece you really need to do something so I decided to make her a cloth book. There are some great ideas on the internet which I mixed in with some random ideas of my own and somehow managed to get something together in time. I would like to thank Jacqui, a fellow kiwi living in Japan, who made me the bag to put it in.... I just didn't have the time or the skills to do it! Thank you Jacqui - you can check out her website of great bags here!



The kids decided they really wanted to do something for Megan and Nathan's wedding so they spent a few hours putting little lollies into bags, sealing them and packing them away to use as "wedding favours".
Photobucket

Another project I worked on was to make a visitor's book for Megan and Nathan as a wedding present. It ended up being used as a wedding message book, which was great! Now I just need to make another visitor's book and as there is another niece/nephew on the way soon too I guess I should start thinking about another cloth book too......

Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous4:37 pm

    I'm now tempted to choose a very, very long name!...

    Mind you, any name would be an advance on what we have now!

    Mike

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rachael in Sydney8:43 pm

    That cloth book is fantastic, what a great idea! Never seen one like it before.

    ReplyDelete
  3. who knew!! I'm very impressed. Am thinking about attempting a cloth book for my brothers baby coming soon. You have inspired me to actually do it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow!! I am very impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your cloth book, you got me surfing the net looking for ideas! I bought expensive ones for my older kids but I'd love to make our new baby their own book...I guess they won't need it for a little while yet : )

    ReplyDelete