Sunday, March 04, 2012

For my records.....

Today I spent the morning in a very hot room with zillions of other parents trying to see their children "racing" at the pool. What I wanted to be doing was getting on with my garden renovations. The fact that it was raining (again...) made it a little easier to accept that I wasn't going to get to go outside at all today and the fact that my back was feeling the effects of shifting rocks around made me think that perhaps a day of rest wasn't really such a bad thing.
I've been playing around with an area out the back and cursing a huge power pole that is in the middle of the garden which has our meter on it that needs to be accessed every month. Gotta love Japanese power poles everywhere! I am not very good at planning things so I just tend to start and see where the rocks lead me - which is why I have to redo everything quite regularly! A good example of this is my new herb spiral. I've always wanted a herb spiral so I made a spur of the moment decision to make one in the most inappropriate place. It breaks all the permaculture rules and will probably fall down within a few weeks, but for a few weeks I have a herb spiral! Now if the rain would stop for a few days I might be able to get on with doing the rest of it.






2 comments:

  1. Hi Jo,

    Does the utility company give you a yearly credit for the power pole being in your yard? We have a pole in the far corner of our yard and the power company gives us 2000 yen a year for the inconvenience. Are you ever in the Yufuin area? We would love to meet you. Erika

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:25 pm

    i'd never heard of herb spirals before, but now i want to make one, bad!

    ReplyDelete