Thursday, March 29, 2012

Unliveable living room

I'll do a proper "before and after" post at some stage, but for now here is a "between" post. Today our living room was de-papered and prepared for papering. I have always had a huge amount of respect for Japanese workers and their ability to keep everything very clean and leave things in an even cleaner state than they found them. Unfortunately our decorators don't seem to have inherited the cleanliness genes and our living room is currently in this state. There is a thick layer of dust over everything (I'm not sure why I was obsessed about getting the house clean before they arrived this morning...) and all the work things are just left lying all over the kitchen and living room. I think I may have encouraged this a little when I said they didn't need to worry about putting the curtains back up tonight... they seemed to take it to mean that we wouldn't be needing our living room or kitchen tonight - lost in translation perhaps!
Anyway, fortunately we have a cottage to spend all our time in, a restaurant near by and it should all be finished by tomorrow. A bit hard to tell from the photos, but the ceiling was finished today... amongst complaints that we must have had a heavy smoker in the house. After a bit of head scratching I realised that the fire must have been the culprit - or at least the person who keeps forgetting to open the vents when they put wood into the fire.... not me of course!

No comments:

Post a Comment