Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Spring is just around the corner


Recently the daytime temperatures have been rising, the sun has been shining and the first of the spring flowers have started to bloom.  In the past I used to love this time of year.  The first cup of coffee while reading a magazine on the deck, throwing all the duvets outside to freshen up in the sun, starting to clear out the garden ready for spring planting and having the washing dry outside within half a day.  
Unfortunately with the onset of pollen allergies this time of year has turned into a horrible time where I try to stay inside as much as I can, go through boxes of tissues each day and feel like my throat and ears are going to drive me crazy with their itchiness.   I try to avoid taking medicine, but usually give in at some stage during the day.  I have even started taking notice of the predicted pollen count for the week.... the table below shows that Friday is going to be particularly bad - I can hardly wait!  I never thought I would ever say this, but I am so looking forward to the arrival of summer!

日付 2月27日
(木)
2月28日
(金)
3月1日
()
3月2日
()
3月3日
(月)
大分市 少ない
少ない
非常に多い
非常に多い
やや多い
やや多い
少ない
少ない
多い
多い

2 comments:

  1. Spring? Lucky you. We are buried in 0.5m of snow. The roads have just recently opened thanks to the local farmers and their plows. Enjoy the green and pollen although the cedar pollen was tough to deal with last year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous4:30 pm

    I've yet to succumb to a pollen allergy but it's only a matter of time I suppose, living in Japan.

    This comment is just a segue to compliment you on your wonderful blog. I'm a Tokyo resident but will be moving down to Miyazaki in April, so we'll sort of be neighbors.

    Here's hoping the hay fever won't be too bad this year!

    Mike

    ReplyDelete