Friday, October 09, 2015

One year on...

This time last year we had a junior high school group come to stay.  The day after they left it was my birthday and I treated myself to a trip to the hospital to check out a very sore neck that had been bothering me for a few days.  This was the start of a downward spiral which ended up with me in hospital for close to 2 months dealing with an autoimmune disease.  It took six months, but I got off all the medicine and am now back to "normal".  Because they could never diagnose the cause of my illness I have been a little paranoid that it was environmental factors combined with stress and therefore this season may result in me falling sick again. 
Tomorrow is my birthday again and this year it looks like I will be celebrating with a trip to a coffee shop with a puzzle book to relax while my son is at athletics rather than a trip to the hospital.  I said goodbye to a group of 5 girls today who had been with us for 3 days... I looked after them virtually alone and have come out the other side very tired, but still healthy.  Things are looking up.  In celebration of surviving their visit I've put together a short slideshow of their time here.  We did many more things, but these were the main highlights... most importantly I made it out the other side and am at home to tell the tale!  Long may it last....

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your recovery. I have missed yout blog. But take it easy until full recovery. 

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday. What a great gift, good health! Have missed your blog. Worried that something was wrong. Do you live on Kyushu? My son and his family live in Kagoshima. Love visiting Japan.
    Wishing you best of health!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great to have you back on line - and Happy Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. yay for being back. enjoyed watching what you got up too. Happy birthday heres to a year of better health. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday, dear friend.

    I have missed you blogging.

    I wish only the best for you. Good health is so important and I am very glad to hear that you are doing better this year.

    ReplyDelete